5.12.2008

girl's night

tonight I hung out with my mom. it was the best. we ate at Panera and then drove to REI in fairfax to take advantage of their anniversary sale and buy mom some good shoes for her injured feet for mother's day. then we rented August Rush which neither of us had seen (she was incredulous that Lyla would just have sex with some random guy on a roof. I had to remind her that this is a movie where such behavior is justified by the obvious back history these people have and thus translates to non-skank behavior. which of course is not real life) and Becoming Jane. that is seriously one of the best movies ever. it's the only one that's ever been able to make me feel that depth of pain and sorrow even though I've never felt love like that. it makes me want to write again. I really should, but I don't know how to go about it. I have no idea what to write about. Jo learns that you have to write about what you're familiar with. but I really don't want to write about mormons. I could write about my family. or high school. or college but my college experience is pretty boring. I haven't travelled. I've never been sufficiently in love -- romance writing, that would be a disaster. I just have no idea. maybe I should just sit down and write without stopping for twenty minutes and see what happens. I'll let you know how it goes. anyway, I haven't spent a single summer with my mother since middle school and even though may isn't really the summer which I'll be spending away from her again, it was still really nice to be with my mom. we should do this every week.

that was actually on the 10th but the post messed up the spacing and I couldn't fix it and since I just couldn't handle it, I deleted it and reposted. and now it worked. computers are crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment