5.12.2008

i hate/love money

oh the irony. now I am fighting with my mom. over money. I love money -- it gives me so many of the things that I need and want. seriously, people say you don't need money to be happy, but there are a hell of a lot of things that money can do that lead to happiness. anyway, I have no money and no job and no allowance and I'm not allowed to spend any of my savings. and my parents won't give me any money. that doesn't make a lot of sense to me. so my mom and I had this big blowout over the way I budget (I don't) and balance my checkbook (I pretty much don't) and how I need to get a job and then my parents won't have to spend money on me ever again because I'm an adult. but I've been raised my whole life with my dad pounding it into my head that I need to get a job and save all my money, just put it straight away or else it'll get spent on worthless things. so that's what I actually want to do and my mom is saying I can't, that I'm an adult and need to buy everything myself. I know it sounds like I'm spoiled and don't want to take care of myself, but I actually want to be responsible. I want to save as much money as I can so I can afford to go to Paris next spring, something I am NOT going to give up. I'd like to rely as little on my parents for that as possible. I need to save my money but my parents aren't letting me and won't provide for my basic wants (which are not at all ridiculous or unreasonable). the most frustrating thing of all is that I'm in a bind because I've sacrificed the last four years of job opportunities that would have given me probably twice as much money as I have now. so I'm being put in this stupid situation by my parents when I've sacrificed for them (her). so this pretty much sucks.

I got a haircut. pictures forthcoming. maybe not until after Claire's wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment