10.26.2010

good things regardless

hmm. unexpectedly long weekend at home. I drove up on friday to go to the temple to do baptisms (I try to go once a month) and intended to drive straight home on saturday afternoon. turns out my grandpa is really sick and I stayed through monday morning to take care of my brothers so m y dad could fly out to utah to be with my grandpa (my mom was already out there for a pleasure visit).

hmm. unexpectedly difficult, emotional weekend. I didn't quite realize before how an emotional stress about one thing comes out in just about every other thing, without even realizing it's happening.

but here are some good things, regardless:
- jeffrey's excitement about things and his laugh are completely delightful and adorable.
- me and jeffrey and gregory have a really fun time together - we are total goofs and I love it.
- brother houghton was going to give me a mandolin, but then it was broken, but still! he was going to give me a mandolin!
- the drive from pitt to home by way of west virginia was gorgeous. the drive from home to pitt by the turnpike was also so gorgeous. I LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR.
- emotional crisis always ends in peace and comfort and joy from the Lord, which is a good thing, because otherwise I would never let myself feel things and then I would be clinically insane.
- I have a halloween costume. I am excited to wear it :)
- I fly to utah in 1 day !! because you don't count today and you don't count the day you get there, so ... one day :)

I will take pictures - I promise!
and soon I'll put up my pics from last weekend when my momma came to visit. that was fun :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry your weekend was stressful and emotional. I don't suppose there's anything I can do to help, or you would have talked to me. Nevertheless, I'm here if you need me. I wouldn't have "hounded" you about getting back for class if I had known you were having a hard time.
    loves,
    Momma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean, of course grandpa being sick is upsetting, I just didn't expect it to be coming out in everything else that I'm trying to handle right now. about class - I just felt that it was the right thing to get the sleep I needed and enjoy my drive home. I emailed my prof about a family emergency and he was totally cool with it - told me turn my stuff in next class, which was later than I expected, so that's good.

    love you :) sorry your flight was lame-o

    ReplyDelete