9.24.2010

a dichotomy of things


I really like doing laundry

- I love the smell of fresh towels and shirts crisp from rack-drying and full armloads of clothes straight out of the dryer
- I love the clean feel of new sheets on my bed
- and dryer sheets. I love dryer sheets. and cleaning the lint out of the dryer filter.

I really don't like making beds
(that are situated against the wall)

- I don't think I've ever had a bed that hasn't had one edge against a wall and for a meticulous, methodical person like myself, I hate not being able to tuck the sheets the way I want to or get the corners neat in the one corner where you have to be on top of the mattress in order to get to it.
- if this is too complicated and I'm the only one who ever thinks about these things ... well ... they're important.

I really like cleaning mirrors with newspaper and vinegar

- I had kind of heard of this before but dismissed it because ... newspapers are dirty. dirty things cannot clean other things. sufficiently, that is. then, one cleaning check, we didn't have any windex or paper towels and lorien was like, here just use these, and I was like -_- okay ... and it totally worked, more amazingly than anything else. no streaks! and it smells like delicious vinegar! which reminds me of sweet and sour sauce! yum!
- in other words, I am totally converted. and cleaning mirrors no longer has to be an exercise in streak-control-obsessiveness because there are no streaks to worry about! and did I mention that vinegar is yummy?

I really don't like watering plants

- actually, I do. but I always forget to. so I feel like a plant killer. because I am. most of the time. for once I was finally keeping my plants alive and then I had to take them on a cross-country road trip and ... I survived. but they didn't.
- in short, one day I will manage to grow something and keep it alive. in the meantime, I have a black thumb :(

I really like crushed ice more than cubed ice

... there is nothing more to say

I really don't like not having a job

... again, there is nothing more to say.

and finally ...
I really really like this:

andy sent me a totoro. it is amazing :)

andy ga watashi ni ai shiteru kara watashi wa totoro atta
(spelling?)
ie. ie. wasureta?

No comments:

Post a Comment