5.07.2009

waste

today was a wasted day. I hate those kinds of days.

the only things I accomplished that I needed to were:
1 go to monoprix to get groceries, nail polish remover and cotton balls (which apparently do not exist in france. I settled for cotton rounds)
2 edit my mother's 7 papers she needs to submit

and those things do not feel like much.
I read half of my book (In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan - most excellent, you should all read it) and took a nap for 2 or 3 hours, which made me feel like a lazy bum (probably because I am) and did not go to institute because I felt gross and didn't want to meet people.

I had all of these wonderful plans to have a good lazy day of taking my dinner to the bois de boulogne and reading and sketching in the park there. but no, I fell asleep and then ate too much dinner and then didn't feel like doing anything because it's too much effort to find a lovely place to go enjoy the lovely weather.

I have a wonderful talent of enjoying home and being alone, but it gets me into trouble when I don't have anyone adventurous around to get me into shenanigans. or at least get me out of the house.

I hate these kinds of days.

also, mme is gone for the weekend and put me in charge of the house and I don't know where the cat is and that worries me quite a bit.

1 comment:

  1. dudette! i totally would have made you do something.

    and how perfect is it that you've been there a week and she picked you to be in charge while she was away, ah, some things will never change.

    ReplyDelete