5.14.2009

macrons & genie pants

so ... awhile back I kind of made fun of all those bloggers who were raving about "macrons" and how silly they were. well, I ate some. I ate six. and they were, quite possibly, the most exquisite things I have ever tasted. it was ... oh my goodness. incredible. I forgot to take a picture of my six little beautiful sandwich cookies in their laduree mint green box before I ate them ALL, but no worries, I will be going back and buying more in another adorable box and I will take a picture then.

I commend myself on my buying prowess of finding things on sale. so far I have hit up h&m, etam, camaieu, naf naf and jennyfer. still have a few more on the list of approved coolness to check out, and I'm sure I'll find some more. I am loving this. today I bought genie pants. they are so fun and comfortable and I absolutely love them. I get so much pleasure in little things. I wear my genie pants and everywhere I go, I realize about every five minutes, I am wearing genie pants, and suddenly I am so happy. I have fresh tulips on my desk and every time I glance that way, I am so happy. I bought the cutest water bottle today that I plan on reusing, and every time I get it out to take a sip, it just makes me so happy.

it probably has something to do with my hormones because other days, somebody says something, anything at all, and I will think they are the most annoying person in the world. IN THE WORLD. and usually I have a hard time containing those sorts of vibes. I may not say a thing, but people generally know when I am not liking them. I think I have such concentrated passions that people can't help knowing what's going on inside of me. and usually I don't mind.

I have been packing so much stuff into a day this week and it's taking it's toll. monday was class and st. denys. tuesday was class and 2 paris walks and the ballet. wednesday was the louvre and versailles. today was the louvre and 2 paris walks and shopping. I like going out and doing things, but a thing, maybe two, and then I am satisfied and ready to come home and rest. the last couple of days have been one thing after another all day long and I am so exhausted. tomorrow and saturday are early mornings for our castle excursions. I'm hoping the bus rides will be long and relaxing so the days don't feel too full.

I bought fresh carrots and apricots today. I hope they are delicious.

4 comments:

  1. are the pant from h&m? and are they made from the softest material ever? because i may have tried those on, but my roommate was anti-genie pants and wouldn't let me buy them. and i the color clashed with the color of my skin.

    though, if they are the pants i am thinking of, i think they look cute on you, the shape anyway, if they are the beige that i tried on then maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should post a picture of the genie pants :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, I want to see the genie pants!

    ReplyDelete
  4. dittttto... about the genie pants. :)

    ReplyDelete