7.24.2008

songs I sang today

delicate and the professor and cannonball -- damien rice
the car. I was in a chill mood this morning. his lyrics are so nuanced, his voice so mesmerizing. it creates or reveals so many emotions in me.

annie waits -- ben folds
in the car with stephan. we went to wal-mart to order prints of his digital pictures. we ended up accidentally making an order that cost upwards of $70. skills. I got to see a bunch of his mission pics. it made me jealous. he berated me for not having the whole ben folds five album. I told him I actually buy my music and there's just too much good stuff to buy it all, especially when you're poor, like me and everyone else. 

oh no and 60 revolutions -- gogol bordello
rocking out in the car with the windows down, beating the steering wheel, dancing frenetically all over the living room. dancing is such good exercise. and gypsy punk is awesome. I think gregory enjoyed it, but I may have weirded him out a bit. seriously, I could dance to eugene's voice and accordion beats all night long.

where can I get me some skin-tight purple pants, eugene? hook me up.

trolley wood and one day I slowly floated away -- eisley
anywhere and everywhere. stephan thought the lyrics were weird. they are, but they don't seem like it to me. 

come come ye saints
opening hymn at institute. sister shreffler smiled at me as I came in and started singing, but I think she still doesn't know my name. I'm more inclined to ignore her deficiencies today, not sure why. talked to ryan baird, elizabeth lewis, stephan, and the missionaries. I think it's really funny that the missionaries, or one of them, talks to me. am I flirting? awesome. I am generally incapable of flirting. he has bad shoes, but good hands.

adam-ondi-ahman and I know my father lives
the chapel, practicing the organ and singing after institute because I'm playing on sunday for sister baird. spencer and jeff came in, I guess spencer was locking up the building. they came in and asked me about the organ. I showed them. they stayed and talked for quite a while. spencer's kind of cute and sweet. he asked if I was coming to movie night tomorrow and pushed for an affirmative. then he shook my hand as he left. oh returned missionaries, how cute and hopeless you are.

2 comments:

  1. i'm surprised that stephan listens to ben folds, apparently he hasn't heard ben's cover of "bitches ain't shit."

    eisley is wonderful and perfect in every way. their lyrics aren't meant to be obvious.

    i hardly think that talking to a missionary is flirting. of course it depends on the undertone of the entire conversation, facials, etc. i would have to see it to make a proper conclusion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm certain it was in no way flirting in your opinion.
    whatever, let me pretend i am capable of flirting.

    ReplyDelete