7.17.2008

dream blog 2

part 1

there's lots I can't remember

there's a store or restaurant? interior is a short rectangle, low-ceilinged, cozy. one of the longer walls has a wooden counter with the till (the word seems to fit for some reason). the shorter wall meeting it perpendicular has a rounded bar counter. round wooden tables, lots of people around them, but we don't seem to be doing anything. 

there are quotes hand-painted onto the walls and door. on the end wall where the door is, there is a quote from me, and another on the door. I don't know what they said. the large one on the wall was only two words and supposedly clever, but I looked up at them and didn't get it.  the manager/owner is a man who I should know but can't remember now. claire's friends adam and joe work mornings there, but it's evening, so I missed them.

a little girl with Heelys rolled into a wall and hit her head. she wasn't hurt and everyone, including her, laughed. she came to sit down at a table, but for some reason everyone vacated it. she put her head in her arms and cried. 

I have a black paper sack of stuff I'm buying but I'm going out one door to go through the real door to come back in. the doors are too close, though, and someone else I should know, a girl, is in the way of the two doors and tells me I can't take the sack of stuff out to come back in cause something will happen ?? because they'll be unpaid for when I take them out.

part 2

in my house, a rain storm. I'm on the phone with mom, sitting at the computer and looking out the window, but it's in the dining room where we used to keep the old IBM and later the compaq. I'm just talking away when she suddenly asks me if the storm is too serious? I look out and the house is moving! pushed 10 or 15 feet back. I run into the kitchen. it's hard to make out among the dark wall of clouds, but there's a tornado.

I call dad, he's in the shower, but our shower not his, but when he comes out, he's dry and his robe is on. I call gregory. is jeffrey not there? I don't call for him. dad grabs a huge package, 4 feet long, of multiple packs of hamburger buns. I ask him if that's all we need, incredulous, and he says yes. we go to the basement. right before I go down, the house feels flimsy. too much light is coming in. powerless. I wish we could board the windows or that the basement door was sturdier.

there is storage/survival stuff all over the rec room. gregory is listening to some music on a radio or something. I feel like there should be more freaking out, but there isn't. the pipes are making crazy sounds. there's a huge water pipe behind a walled, wooden contraption, latticed on the inside, where the TV usually is. the pipe starts to burst. dad goes to get a saw?? it starts to spurt water and he yells to me to turn off the water, but the handle, supposedly on the floor, is covered by food storage shelving. he turns it off somewhere else.

I go upstairs to see what's going on because nothing's happening. the tornado is gone, but there are 2 more to the right, one much closer. it rotates and approaches visibly faster as soon as I look at it. scared, I run back downstairs. I fancy I can start to hear the train sound, but only because I expect it. I half-realize that my ears are creating the sound out of nothing. 

gregory wakes me up.

2 comments:

  1. so, last night I had the first dream in quite some time that I could really remember. I only remember bits and pieces of it. something about a purple horse escaping from a small parked car(which happened to belong to the writer of one the design blogs I read), and me being lost in a warehouse sized grocery store. very strange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm i've also had dreams where i was lost in a warehouse sized grocery store. weird.

    ReplyDelete