1.17.2011

reverb part two

prompt 4 - wonder. how did you cultivate a sense of wonder in your life this year?
+
I ... asked a lot of questions ??

prompt 5 - let go. what (or whom) did you let go of this year? why?
+
I let go of - people holding me responsible for making sure that everything goes perfectly for them, or rather, when not everything goes perfectly for them.
I let go of - consequently holding myself responsible for perfection
I let go of - worrying (to some extent)
I let go of - needing to control everything (it's a start, anyway)
it's a process, but I'm learning to let go.

prompt 6 - make. what was the last thing you made? what materials did you use? is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it?
+
the last thing I made were christmas presents for my dad, my older brothers and my sister carolyn. I made some prints of pictures that I took, then trimmed them to the abnormal ikea frame size for my brothers and dad. then I took 3 different card-sized prints and mounted them to make a card set for carolyn.

I want to make another cupcake paper garland for a friend. and some handmade birthday cards, both personalized and more generic. I want to make a mandala, using various mediums I haven't chosen yet but also andy's old guitar strings. I want to finish the drawing stories I've started, including edgar mortimer. I want to stain my dresser and do more drawings and start various notebooks of different kinds of creative ideas, inspiration boards of sorts. I want to re-learn (for at least the 4th time) how to knit. I want to make a lot of things.

prompt 7 - community. where have you discovered community, online or otherwise, in 2010? what community would you like to join, create or more deeply connect with in 2011?
+
community in 2010
1-the french house in the spring
2-my roommates here in pittsburgh
community in 2011
1-a book club or discussion group

prompt 8 - beautifully different. think about what makes you different and what you do that lights people up. reflect on all the things that make you different - you'll find they're what make you beautiful.
+
my laugh
my capricious word-hatreds (and loves)
my love of all things small, like spoons and cups
my handwriting
my passion and compassion
my style and my ability to own it (read: rock it)
my sincerity
my voice
my heart

prompt 9 - party. what social gathering rocked your socks off in 2010? describe the people, music, food, drink, clothes, shenanigans.
+
rob & leilani's wedding
people - andy's family & leilani's friends
music - gentle, slightly folkish acoustic and loud party 80s but not gross 80s music
food - yummy potatoes, jarlsberg, that's all I remember
drink - great quirky sodas
clothes - awesome dresses all around ... libby was hot stuff, suzy's dress was amazing, my dress was vintage and superb :)
shenanigans - playing the water glasses, then continuing to play the water glasses long after it had passed the threshold of annoyance; sneaking off to sing in the inn while andy played his guitar; the jarlsberg, oh the heavenly jarlsberg; dinging on the glasses to make rob & lani kiss - all night long

prompt 10 - wisdom. what was the wisest decision you made this year, and how did it play out?
+
my wisest decision was to keep dating andy when I wasn't entirely sure about it. wise because it was trusting things other than me. and following the inspiration I know best - my intuitive, gut feelings - rather than my logic. best decision of my life.

prompt 11 - things. what are 11 things your life doesn't need in 2011? how will you go about eliminating them? how will getting rid of these 11 things change your life?
+
1 - estrangement ... write write write - notes, emails, texts. because calling can be too hard, but writing is heartfelt and easy and always appreciated.
2 - inactivity ... choose an exercise I enjoy and practice it - hiking, yoga, swimming, the like
3 - distraction ... meditate on a regular basis
4 - self-hatred ... tell myself I am beautiful every every day
5 - poor eating ... decide what healthy changes I need to make and work on incorporating just one of them (to start) into what I eat and the way I eat it
6 - stagnation ... read new books, write new words, sing new songs
7 - doom & gloom about the future ... find something to enjoy every day and when planning the future out, always end on the note of something positive that can work out
8 - ignorance ... subscribe to a newspaper or news magazine or news feed or something to be informed about what's going on in the world
9 -
10 -
11 -
... I can't think of 11 things

No comments:

Post a Comment