1.21.2011

final reverb

prompt 22: travel. how did you travel in 2010? how and/or where would you like to travel next year?
- I went to: the outer banks, seattle, vermont, pittsburgh, and utah lots of times. by plane much more than usual. and I drove across the country. went through oregon and washington, idaho, montana, north dakota, minnesota, wisconsin, michigan, ohio and pa.
- this year, I would like to travel by plane, train, & automobile. I'd like to visit san francisco. I'd like to go somewhere I've never been. I plan to travel lots, but less than last year.

prompt 23: new name. let's meet again, for the first time. if you could introduce yourself to strangers by another name for just one day, what would it be?
- this would probably change from day to day, but today it would be Ivy Underwood.

prompt 24: everything's ok. what was the best moment that could serve as proof that everything is going to be alright? and how will you incorporate that discovery into the year ahead?
- when I've felt most peaceful, confident, and happy - in making decisions and feeling good about them. continue to trust and move forward in faith.

prompt 25: photo. a present to yourself. sift through all the photos of you from the past year. choose one that best captures you; either who you are, or who you strive to be. find the shot of you that is worth a thousand words. share the image, who shot it, where, and [...]

charlie, lake michigan.

prompt 26: soul food. what did you eat this year that you will never forget? what went into your mouth and touched your soul?
- pastorero tacos al pastor and chorizo and horchata

prompt 27: ordinary joy. our most profound joy is often experienced during ordinary moments. what was one of your most joyful ordinary moments this year?
- doing things with andy - grocery shopping, learning binary, watching good movies, talking late into the night, driving, reading, singing, just holding hands.

prompt 28: defining moment. describe a defining moment or series of events that has affected your life this year.
- I thought about wanting to learn to play the guitar.
- but guitars are expensive.
- I thought that ukuleles were cheap and also awesome.
- I asked for a ukulele for christmas.
- I got one.
- I learned a few songs.
- it was awesome.
- andy started hanging out at my apartment.
- he asked me to play for him.
- I did.
- and then it occurred to him that something needed to be done. like date me.
- and so he did!

prompt 29: gift. this month, gifts and gift-giving can seem inescapable. what's the most memorable gift, tangible or emotional, you received this year?
- my 2 foot plush totoro. it is winful. see?


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that your quintessential photo of the year was taken at Lake Michigan! I have never de-briefed you about what you thought of my beloved home state, the Love Glove. I hope you adored it even half as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete