1.06.2011

old & new

old - ronnie the mazda is finally kicked to the curb. the towers took it away last night to be donated and I don't ever have to worry about it again.
new - dad found me a little silver honda :) I like it very very much. it needs a name.

old - book, les contes d'amadou koumba, finally gets finished. the last story in it has the rhyme I memorized part of at governor's school, so it was cool to rediscover where that came from:
ecoute dans le vent le buisson en sanglots c'est le souffle des ancetres
(listen in the wind the sobbing bush it is the breath of the ancestors)
new - book, the hunger games, which I started yesterday and read 10 straight chapters. I could easily have finished it last night, but I had to get up for work, so I showed great discipline and went to bed.

old - cleaned out the refrigerator. sort of. the spinach had to go.
new - tried a new soup, trader joe's sweet potato bisque. it was yummy.

old - time to put the christmas decorations away. I want to try to do it before all of my roommates get back from break. if I can muster the energy to do something so depressing during an already difficult time.
new - year. it's 2011. I have a lot of hopes for this year. and a lot of trepidation, too - because where there are high hopes, there is potential for devastating disappointments.

here's hoping for the very very best :)
happy new year

No comments:

Post a Comment