2.08.2010

well what do you know - I'm alive

oh my holy goodness, it's been a long time. you know why? the things I have to do are not impossible anymore, so I can actually do them and don't have to put them off due to the sheer terror of impossibility, so no more procrastinating through the blog ...

anyway, more to come soon, I promise. I've been singing up a storm on my ukulele and I'll be posting some sparse little covers here and there, and I'm also working on writing a song! which is so exciting! because I've tried before and it was just really hard but for some reason when I tried again, it was a piece of cake ... must be all of these poetic creative juices I've been cultivating this year. or perhaps because working in a chord mindset by playing the ukulele is easier for song-writing than a melodic piano mindset.

school is good. I am exhausted. I didn't catch up on any much-needed sleep over the weekend. but I did go to celesta's house for dinner and had a fun time. I came bearing gifts of books I got for super cheap at a bargain book sale. I love books and I love giving gifts and I love giving books as gifts! ta-da!

well, I've got to go put my laundry in the dryer. cheerio.

1 comment:

  1. We are alive too! Claire was telling me you might visit. That would be great. I hope you are good, and for loving poetry so much, here is a sneak peek B-side from my upcoming thesis.


    about the christmas tree
    next month
    in a living room by the grand

    many songs sung
    by tanagers around
    feathers falling safely
    against rockwhite
    slopes molded over
    with clear clear ice

    further into wetlands
    into space
    or along the muddy
    brook cutting crosswise

    in its place

    ReplyDelete