5.02.2011

berkeley ward talent show

I played and sang 'Eli the Barrow Boy' (the Decemberists) at the
Berkeley University ward talent show, which is actually the same
thing I played and sang at the Pittsburgh YSA ward talent show.


I told Murphy I didn't need the microphone, but he insisted on holding it there.
turns out it wasn't even on. told him I didn't need it :) ...




then Andy played 'Easter Song'
we hadn't warmed up together, but I sang with him anyway.
turns out that tight throat muscles from nervousness
works out alright with my range for the Decemberists,
but not so well with high wispy backups for Andy.






I like this one a lot :)



I love how pleased we look, and also the bit of hesitation,
of seeing how it's been received.
I think it captures well the emotional vulnerability
of sharing music, because you're sharing yourself too.


thanks to carol hogan for the photography
she's great :)

No comments:

Post a Comment