11.22.2010

labs round 2

I don't remember if I mentioned this, but I am finally no longer unemployed. I have two jobs.

for one, I am a personal care associate doing home care for the elderly through Country Meadows Retirement Communities. I wrap up a lengthy round of vaccinations, TB tests, and training tomorrow with my last floor training day. it's really quite an interesting job :)

for two, I'm working in the Pitt campus computer labs ... yeah, I know - again. but it pays (though not well at all) and any money I can make in the additional hours I have will help. I get paid much better doing home care, so I'll only fill in other times of the day with lab hours when it's convenient. i.e. I won't be jumping through hoops to fill shifts in the labs, only pick them up when it works, and keep my permanent weekly shifts pretty low, maybe 8 to 10 hours a week.

so, here I sit, in the computer labs, alphabetizing print jobs.
it's a good thing I like paper :)

2 comments:

  1. cograts on getting 2 jobs! is what you do in home care kind of like cna work? what are you going to school for?
    cheers! - L

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks :) yeah, it's CNA stuff. i'm getting a masters in international development - i want to do humanitarian work in africa.

    ReplyDelete