4.30.2010

7 moves to get next door

that's right, I'm back in the FLSR. and so so happy to be there.
here is a catalogue of my seven moves of the last seven days:
out of flsr to andy's car
andy's car to celesta & paul's quanset
quanset to car
car to apartment 16
apartment 16 to apartment 13
to car
to home sweet home - apartment 360

which is literally three feet away from where I started out in apt 370
woe is me (and woe is andy, poor boy - seven moves!)
it's okay, though - if this is what it takes for me to realize what really makes me happy and where I really want to be, I'm okay with that as long as I end up where I'm happy
and I am! I am so happy to be back.

my roommates are awesome:
- I share a room with clemence (from bordeaux) who is funny and sweet and not allergic to sunlight - and though she was looking forward to having her own room, I know her from the french house last year, she likes me, and I speak french well, so she feels understood and it's good
- one roommate, lesa, is a french major, african studies and international development minor - does that sound familiar to anyone?
- one roommate, christeen, is a piano performance major, which is also awesome (and which matches clemence's organ masters quite well)
- alison is just all-around a really cool girl
- carrie is ... andy's ex-girlfriend. haha. I was worried at first that it would be awkward or something, but it's totally not. she's a really sweet girl and I like her a lot already.

it's amazing how things worked out - that marie-laure could put me back in the french house on such short notice for spring and summer, that I could move in last night, that I feel so at home already (without even having unpacked!) and that my roommates are so good.

my class schedule, which had a moment of catastrophe, is all worked out - I'm taking the conversation class so I can be in the french house and auditing rock-climbing (because their day excursion is also the first day of my backpacking class trip) so I'm taking religion, conversation, and backpacking and auditing rock-climbing.

I am dating andy and I love it.

in other words - everything is right and good with the world (for the moment)
and I have the Lord to thank for it.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! These last two posts really tell it all! (except for whether or not you got out of your apartment contract) I'm glad you're back home. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And to further complicate matters, Clémence is Andy's ex-fiancée's ex-roommate. It's a small FLSR world after all.

    I was so worried you were going to be stuck with the vampire and her crimson curtain. What a relief you won't have to draw closer to her through conflict. One semester I lived in a place with truly bizarre housemates, but my room-roommate was great and we mostly closed the door and kept to ourselves.

    ReplyDelete