9.07.2013

back again

Still lots going on around here, but not much on the blog :/  We'll consider this a random update.

- Went to Seattle on an MPA Career Trip and took a long weekend up in the San Juan Islands with Andy
- Graduated with my Masters in Public Administration, Nonprofit Management
- Landed a consultant position for the summer with AidData at the College of William and Mary
- Went out to Williamsburg, Virginia for the summer job, went without Andy for a month, then got to pick him up in D.C. for the second month or so
- Moved from Utah to Virginia, back to Utah, and then again in Utah, in the space of a month. Luckily, most of that was just with suitcases and not with all of our stuff.
- Kept loving Liana, the most adorable baby of all time, walking now
- Discovered J.Crew
- Celebrated year 2 with my lovely Andy, this time at a little B&B in Salt Lake, a yummy Mediterranean dinner, and a trip to the aviary.

Now I'm taking it easy while Andy gets ready to defend his thesis next month and we both look for jobs.  I'm looking forward to moving somewhere awesome, finding a fun place to live, and starting our careers.

I've decided to beat the baby hunger by buying baby clothes whenever I want, and then I can just have a baby shower with the essentials - like diapers! - when the time comes (whenever that is in the distant future).  It hasn't yet panned out because I just want to buy clothes for myself :)  But with jobs will come the money and then I can buy baby clothes and fabric and all of the other unneeded and currently impractical things I want.

What I've Been Reading Around Here:

- The Tao of Pooh
- Angle of Repose
- Blink
- Ender's Game
- Wildwood
- I Capture the Castle
- Why Children Fail
- The Problem of Pain
- The Politics of Breastfeeding
and many more!

Also, my hair is super long.



No comments:

Post a Comment