10.14.2011

work

haha! fooled you. this is not a wedding post. but it's coming, I promise.

I just spent the afternoon on my computer and it kind of drives me crazy. let's see, I looked at Emma Watson's short hair and pondered shorter hair, or purple hair. I researched rain boots and snow boots and did some big-time research on down jackets and waterproof shells, since I will definitely be needing a real winter coat this year. I updated my REI member info. checked email. but seriously - that's it!

some computer things are whims. most of the computer things I do, that take up time anyway, are things that actually need to be done - researching products that we need to get (like vacuums, looking for furniture on ksl, etc. etc.), changing names and addresses in accounts (STILL), repair info for the e-reader, customer support with verizon, car insurance quotes, and so it goes on and on and on. they're important things and Andy is all kinds of grateful that I take care of these kinds of things.

but still ... four and half hours sitting on my couch. I got up to do my hair cause we're going to my freshman reunion tonight and when I walked back into the living room, there's this glorious window with beautiful trees and fall sunshine and fresh air on the other side. and then I remember, like I do every day, that I would much rather have spent the last four hours outside.

I think I put myself to work everyday (to varying degrees, which usually involves ignoring the dishes. I think we both hate the dishes.) and it is important to get things done, but for goodness sake, they'll get done. if it's important, I know I'll take care of it. and if they're not important, and it doesn't get done, then who cares? it's not important.

I'm going to plan out my empty days (which are few-ish anyway) with things that feel like luxuries, like indulgences, like taking the day off of work. I'm going to do the campus tree tour, I'm going to wander with my camera, go spice shopping at winco, bake yummy things and eat them!, play music outside and write more more more things like poems and stories and observations. I'm going to fix my purple skirt and put those boxes of books on the bookshelf and make a yoga bolster and do my Charley Harper puzzle and maybe do those dishes. and hey, maybe half of those things are things that "need to be done" anyway, but it doesn't matter.


4 comments:

  1. UPDATE: I went spice shopping :) and I made yummy food. I put those books on the shelf and did my Charley Harper puzzle. sometimes I do the dishes, too :)

    ReplyDelete